Xcode not remembering columns in the Editor between sessions...

robmartin@frontiernet.net

I use a widescreen monitor, and usually have 3 columns displayed when I'm editing in Xcode 11.3.1.

Whenever I restart, having Quit Xcode, only 2 columns show. If I drag the window's right edge, the 3rd column appears but is very narrow - so I have to then resize it…

Am I missing something really basic here, or is there a way to have Xcode remember the column layout of the Editor? I can't find anything in Prefs…

Rob

robmartin@frontiernet.net

I've just discovered that if I click the "Show/Hide Code Review" button *twice*, my 3rd column magically appears with the correct dimensions… How could I have missed that...

On Mar 13, 2020, at 10:48 AM, robmartin@... wrote:

I use a widescreen monitor, and usually have 3 columns displayed when I'm editing in Xcode 11.3.1.

What do you mean by "columns"? Editors, or the navigator/inspector views, or … ?

Got a few screenshots you can post to clue us in?

On Mar 14, 2020, at 12:47 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

On Mar 13, 2020, at 10:48 AM, robmartin@... wrote:

I use a widescreen monitor, and usually have 3 columns displayed when I'm editing in Xcode 11.3.1.

What do you mean by "columns"? Editors, or the navigator/inspector views, or … ?

—Jens

robmartin@frontiernet.net

I usually have the Navigator + 3 Editors… (laid out in columns rather than rows). The last editor on the right is always missing when I reopen Xcode. Clicking the Show/Hide Code Review button twice brings it back with the right dimensions…

Rob

On Mar 13, 2020, at 6:47 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

What do you mean by "columns"? Editors, or the navigator/inspector views, or … ?

—Jens

File a bug report! (I only use 2 editors, so I’ve never seen this.)

—Jens

On Mar 14, 2020, at 5:11 AM, "robmartin@frontiernet.net" <robmartin@frontiernet.net> wrote:

I usually have the Navigator + 3 Editors… (laid out in columns rather than rows). The last editor on the right is always missing when I reopen Xcode. Clicking the Show/Hide Code Review button twice brings it back with the right dimensions…

Rob

On Mar 13, 2020, at 6:47 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

What do you mean by "columns"? Editors, or the navigator/inspector views, or … ?

—Jens

robmartin@frontiernet.net

Thanks Jens, will do…

On Mar 14, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

File a bug report! (I only use 2 editors, so I’ve never seen this.)

—Jens

Dave

It’s been like that for ages, I thought it was a “feature”.

It doesn’t remember window sizes or positions either which is super annoying!

Cheers
Dave