Topics

xCode has stopped giving me completion / type ahead options...

Peter Hudson

xCode (11) won’t do auto complete any more on anything.
Its as though the cursor is completely disconnected from everything …

Any suggestions gratefully received !

Peter

Leo

i once had this issue - and restart solved it. don't know if you tried it already...

Peter Hudson

Tried restart to no avail.
Peter

On 11 Jan 2020, at 08:04, Leo <leo.r@...> wrote:

i once had this issue - and restart solved it. don't know if you tried it already...

Sak Wathanasin

On 11 Jan 2020, at 07:28, Peter Hudson via Groups.Io <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

xCode (11) won’t do auto complete any more on anything.
Its as though the cursor is completely disconnected from everything …

I get this if there’s a syntax error somewhere in the file - mismatched brackets, quotes, missing semi-colons, that sort of thing.

Regards
Sak

On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:28 PM, Peter Hudson via Groups.Io <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

xCode (11) won’t do auto complete any more on anything.
Its as though the cursor is completely disconnected from everything …

Nuking the project index usually fixes this. Unfortunately there's no menu command for that. The easiest way is to close the project, then find the build folder for the project (where it is depends on your Xcode prefs; e.g. for me it's next to the project file) and delete it.

—Jens

Peter Hudson

OK. I’ve nuked the project index - and I am now able to inspect variables again at runtime.
Still no type ahead though …

Peter

On 11 Jan 2020, at 21:57, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:28 PM, Peter Hudson via Groups.Io <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

xCode (11) won’t do auto complete any more on anything.
Its as though the cursor is completely disconnected from everything …

Nuking the project index usually fixes this. Unfortunately there's no menu command for that. The easiest way is to close the project, then find the build folder for the project (where it is depends on your Xcode prefs; e.g. for me it's next to the project file) and delete it.

—Jens

Jonathan Prescott

You may have to nuke the entire DerivedData directory.  Look at "File>Project Settings” or  "File/Workspace Settings” to find where the DerivedData directory is for your project.

Jonathan

On Jan 12, 2020, at 1:48 PM, Peter Hudson via Groups.Io <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

OK. I’ve nuked the project index - and I am now able to inspect variables again at runtime.
Still no type ahead though …

Peter

On 11 Jan 2020, at 21:57, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:28 PM, Peter Hudson via Groups.Io <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

xCode (11) won’t do auto complete any more on anything.
Its as though the cursor is completely disconnected from everything …

Nuking the project index usually fixes this. Unfortunately there's no menu command for that. The easiest way is to close the project, then find the build folder for the project (where it is depends on your Xcode prefs; e.g. for me it's next to the project file) and delete it.

—Jens

Peter Hudson

Nuking derived data has got me back to normal.
Cheers to all !
Peter