Topics

Xcode 10 info.plist

Marco S Hyman

I’m playing with Xcode 10 beta 2. One difference I’ve noticed is the order of info.plist processing. Previous versions processed info.plist before running any custom shell scripts. This was handy for shell scripts that update version info automatically. Alas, this does not work in Xcode 10. The script runs before the info.plist processing that wipes out anything the script did.

I suppose I could update my source info.plist. Any other ideas?

Marc

Quincey Morris

One of the 2018 WWDC sessions talked about the ordering of build phases in the presence of custom scripts. I think it was this one:

or it might have been this one:

I didn’t pay enough attention to the relevant section to know if your question was answered, but it might be worth watching these if you haven’t done so already.

On Jun 26, 2018, at 7:41 PM, Quincey Morris <quinceymorris@...> wrote:

One of the 2018 WWDC sessions talked about the ordering of build phases in the presence of custom scripts. I think it was this one:

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/415/
Thank you. That one. From the slides:

“Don’t Think About the Order of Task Execution"
“Think in Terms of Task Dependencies”

I was depending upon the order which happened to work for many years. Adding the generated info.plist -- ${TARGET_BUILD_DIR}/${INFOPLIST_PATH} -- as in input file to the script got the dependencies right so Xcode does things in the desired order.

Marc