Xcode 10 and the endless indexing problem.

Alex Zavatone

I’ve got Xcode 10 running on two of my Macs in Mojave, but the first times I opened it up, I did get the endless indexing problem on two Macs but was able to get past it by force quitting and opening my workspace again.

I’ve tested this in High Sierra and Mojave.

The rest of my team has not been so lucky and none of them are able to get past the endless indexing project error and can’t use Xcode.

Have any of you run into this and if you have, what have you done to solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Alex Zavatone

Glenn L. Austin

I simply delete the project's derived files directory and let Xcode rebuild from scratch.

The "forever indexing" problem seems to be always resolved by that, for me at least.

--
Glenn L. Austin, Computer Wizard, AustinSoft.com