What's the trick?

Carl Hoefs

iPadPro, Xcode 10.0, iOS 12.0.1

Xcode won't display my iPadPro project's MainStoryboard in anything other than iPhone layouts. Why?

In TARGETS -> Deployment Info -> Devices, I've selected "iPad". I've selected my connected iPadPro as my build device. Xcode gives me only the various iPhone layouts in the "View as:" section at the bottom of the storyboard editor.

What is the trick to viewing my MainStoryboard with the iPadPro screen layout?

On Oct 22, 2018, at 3:06 PM, Carl Hoefs <newslists@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:

iPadPro, Xcode 10.0, iOS 12.0.1

Xcode won't display my iPadPro project's MainStoryboard in anything other than iPhone layouts. Why?

In TARGETS -> Deployment Info -> Devices, I've selected "iPad". I've selected my connected iPadPro as my build device. Xcode gives me only the various iPhone layouts in the "View as:" section at the bottom of the storyboard editor.
In the app’s general info or the project’s general info, there should be a popup for what you iPhone and iPad storyboards are.

Does this sound like the solution to your problem?

What is the trick to viewing my MainStoryboard with the iPadPro screen layout?

-Carl