Using external hotel TV as a monitor?

dhoerl

I've started traveling a lot, and with my old DisplayPort Mac, use to just take a cable and grab a hotel flat monitor to work remote. With my new MacBook Pro and the external Apple dongle, this never works. Last week there were two TVs, one even recognized it had something plugged, but nothing happened on the Mac.

Does anyone here have a "trick" or special technique to get this to work? My eyes (like most other body parts) ain't what they use to be, and using the laptop screen with a large keyboard placed in front of it just isn't working for me...

David

Glenn L. Austin

If it's the USB-C display adapter, try making sure you've got power plugged into the adapter as well.

--
Glenn L. Austin, Computer Wizard, AustinSoft.com