Trying to install XCode 10.3

Dave

Hi,

I’m trying to install XCode 10.3 from 10.1 via the AppStore.

I open the App Store application, click the Update Button and XCode is not shown to need an update (although there is a new version available?). I click on Purchased and find XCode in the list and Click the left hand Icon (of XCode). It shows an info screen with a button saying “Update”. I click it, a wheel starts spinning in the top left of the window, but nothing seems to happen! I click back to Updates and then back to purchased and reselect XCode, it shows the “Update” button again (as it the first update did nothing except spin a wheel!). I click “Update” again but still nothing happens (apart from a spinning Wheel).

Is there App Store down? How can I get 10.3 of XCode?

Thanks for any help
All the Best
Dave

Carl Hoefs

On Sep 16, 2019, at 8:10 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Ok, will this work if you’ve already installed XCode via the App Store? I remember a while back that the two methods were incompatible?

Thanks
Dave

On 16 Sep 2019, at 17:14, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

Xcode 10.3.xip

[...]

Apple seem to have got it sorted now. Haven't had a problem mixing the two methods.

On Sep 16, 2019, at 8:18 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Again,

I clicked on the link, but it says I am unauthorised to view this page. I clicked "Visit Your Account” and signed in ok. I accepted an expired agreement and tried again, still says I’m "unauthorised to view this page”.

It seems when it comes to XCode everything is so complicated, all I want to do is download an update!

Also why doesn’t it work via the App Store? It’s laughable how a company with the size and resources can’t even get it together to make updating their Development work?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
[...]

Just occurred to me, I’m currently running 10.13.6? Do I need to install a newer version of the OS?

Cheers
Dave

On 16 Sep 2019, at 17:35, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes; I believe the Xcode release notes state that macOS 10.14 Mojave is required to run Xcode 10.13.

(It would be nice if Apple were to supply a table indicating which versions of Xcode, macOS, and iOS are compatible.)

On Sep 16, 2019, at 8:42 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, or give an error message saying you need to upgrade or the OS version is incompatible. I can’t believe that the App Store App still doesn’t work properly after all this time!

I decided to check to make sure my Mac Book Air was new enough, they say it ok with models from 2012 upwards, now try finding the date of the Mac Book! Its absolutely beyond a joke, Apple have gone out of their way to make life difficult. It seems you need to enter the serial number into a web page and eventually is says 2013! What a a total mess! My cat could do better and its been dead for the last 3 years!

Hopefully its downloading now! I say hopefully because who knows with the App Store!

Thanks for you help Carl and thanks for nothing Apple.

All the Best
Dave

On 16 Sep 2019, at 17:47, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

[...]

Jonathan Prescott

Apple>About This Mac.  Gives size, year, serial number, other stuff.  No need to go to the web.
Jonathan

On Sep 16, 2019, at 12:07 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Where does it show the year or model number?

Screen dumps attached.

Cheers
Dave

On 16 Sep 2019, at 18:19, Jonathan Prescott via Groups.Io <jprescott12@...> wrote:

[...]

Fritz Anderson

I don’t see anything perverse in the App Store not releasing unreleased versions of its software.

— F

On 16 Sep 2019, at 11:07 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Yes, or give an error message saying you need to upgrade or the OS version is incompatible. I can’t believe that the App Store App still doesn’t work properly after all this time!

Dave

It *is* released otherwise it wouldn’t say “Update” on the XCode page, the fact that it can’t update it because the OS is too low doesn’t seem to worry it! As for 10.14.6, that’s released too - see screen dumps.

I assume you’re referring to XCode and/or MacOS 10.14.6? Otherwise I don’t understand you/

Cheer
Dave

On 16 Sep 2019, at 18:37, Fritz Anderson <anderson.fritz@...> wrote:

I don’t see anything perverse in the App Store not releasing unreleased versions of its software.

— F

On 16 Sep 2019, at 11:07 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Yes, or give an error message saying you need to upgrade or the OS version is incompatible. I can’t believe that the App Store App still doesn’t work properly after all this time!

Jonathan Prescott

Mine shows the screen size and year on the same line as your line stating "MacBook Air".  Always has for MacBook Pros.  Never had a MacBook Air.
Sorry to mis-lead you.

Jonathan

On Sep 16, 2019, at 12:24 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Where does it show the year or model number?

Screen dumps attached.

Cheers
Dave

<PastedGraphic-1.png>

<PastedGraphic-2.png>

[...]

What version of MacOS are you running? It might say that in 10.14 if I ever get it installed!!!

Dave

On 16 Sep 2019, at 18:50, Jonathan Prescott via Groups.Io <jprescott12@...> wrote:

[...]

My mistake; I didn’t even look at the subject line because I assumed you were like me, and had been obsessing on 11 for the past three months).

I apologize.

— F

On 16 Sep 2019, at 11:49 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

It *is* released otherwise it wouldn’t say “Update” on the XCode page, the fact that it can’t update it because the OS is too low doesn’t seem to worry it! As for 10.14.6, that’s released too - see screen dumps.

I assume you’re referring to XCode and/or MacOS 10.14.6? Otherwise I don’t understand you/

Cheer
Dave

<PastedGraphic-4.png>

<PastedGraphic-5.png>

On 16 Sep 2019, at 18:37, Fritz Anderson <anderson.fritz@...> wrote:

I don’t see anything perverse in the App Store not releasing unreleased versions of its software.

— F

On 16 Sep 2019, at 11:07 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

Yes, or give an error message saying you need to upgrade or the OS version is incompatible. I can’t believe that the App Store App still doesn’t work properly after all this time!

Jonathan Prescott

I’m running MacOS 10.14 on my MacBook Pro.  But, I’m still running 10.13.6 on my Mac Mini, and it says “Mac Mini (late 2012)”.  I’m not sure why the MacBook Air is different.

Jonathan

On Sep 16, 2019, at 1:01 PM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Got 10.14 installed now and they display the same information,

 I’m not sure why the MacBook Air is different.

To make life difficult?

All the Best
Dave

On 16 Sep 2019, at 21:10, Jonathan Prescott via Groups.Io <jprescott12@...> wrote:

[...]