The joy of Xcode and git.

Alex Zavatone

Does anyone know if there is any way to grab the current open project’s git remote URL from Xcode 10.1?

It used to be so easy. Now, I can’t find any option in the Source Navigator, under the Source Control menu.

We can not add a remote git repo account in preferences because someone put a space in the git URL (hosted on VSTS) and either VSTS or Xcode will not accept the remote URL with a %20 in it and allow a check out.

Aside from having a remote account added to preferences is there a mechanism within Xcode 10.1 that allows copying of a project’s remote git URL?

Thanks in advance.

On Feb 27, 2019, at 8:28 AM, Alex Zavatone via Groups.Io <zav@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if there is any way to grab the current open project’s git remote URL from Xcode 10.1?

Open a shell, `cd` to the project directory and enter `git remote -v`

—Jens

Alex Zavatone

Yeah, that is what I did, but it is so nice to have access to that info SOMEWHERE within the app.

On Feb 27, 2019, at 12:07 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

Open a shell, `cd` to the project directory and enter `git remote -v`

—Jens

Gary L. Wade

In the Source Control Navigator, choose the Remotes folder and the desired remote in it, typically origin for most projects, and then open the Source Control Inspector.  The URL is selectable and copyable.

It used to be so easy.  Now, I can’t find any option in the Source Navigator, under the Source Control menu.

We can not add a remote git repo account in preferences because someone put a space in the git URL (hosted on VSTS) and either VSTS or Xcode will not accept the remote URL with a %20 in it and allow a check out.

Aside from having a remote account added to preferences is there a mechanism within Xcode 10.1 that allows copying of a project’s remote git URL?

Thanks in advance.