Question for those of us using Jenkins and Xcode.

Alex Zavatone

I’m working on getting a Jenkins setup at my new company and the first day, I went through following the Jenkins instructions which involve using Docker to host Jenkins. Aside from a few hiccups, this appears great until it comes time to install the xcodebuild CLI tools and then, do they go into the Jenkins Docker image or not or what? And then for testing, where do we install Xcode and the simulator?

If any of us are using Jenkins with their iOS or MacOS development, are any of you using Docker? If so, what are the best practices for this?

Thanks in advance,

It looks like Docker is a bad idea for this. Serves me right for following the instructions on the Jenkins web site that recommended installing Jenkins with Docker.

: /