iApps expire in a week or so

Carl Hoefs

I have a bunch of personal iPhone/iPad apps (for student labs) that don't run anymore (they come up and go poof), but had been running fine since installation 1-2 weeks prior.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have to reinstall the apps from Xcode every week or so.

- I've checked that TimeToLive=365 is set in embedded.mobileprovision.
- The console log shows "invalid entitlements" messages and other detritus but nothing useful.
- All of the target devices *are* in the list of provisioned devices.
- One or two apps actually did not expire. All of the others did.

What can I do to extend the valid lifetime of my apps to what should be 365 days?

-Carl

/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/12905890-E1E2-4D9E-A81D-CA3E5D61E23C/proteinSYN.app/proteinSYN not valid: 0xe8008016: The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.

Bootstrapping failed for <FBApplicationProcess: 0x1086e7980; com.hoefs.proteinSYN; pid: -1> with error: Error Domain=BKSProcessErrorDomain Code=1 "Unable to bootstrap process with bundleID com.hoefs.proteinSYN" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to bootstrap process with bundleID com.hoefs.proteinSYN, BKSProcessExitReason=0, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to start job, NSUnderlyingError=0x28113ab20 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=3 "No such process" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The process failed to exec, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Consult /var/log/com.apple.xpc.launchd/launchd.log for more information, NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to get valid task name port right for pid 372}}, BSErrorCodeDescription=bootstrap-failed}

Acquired termination assertion for event <BKSTerminationAssertionCreateEvent: 0x153e05da0; Identifier: 449-273B1727-FCE3-47AF-B712-84C1D4AD1992; Name: com.hoefs.proteinSYN; Target BundleID: com.hoefs.proteinSYN; Efficacy: Unused>

Alex Zavatone

Hi Carl.  Can you test making a new provisioning profile and re-codesigning one of the IPAs?

You can extract the current provisioning profile and you should be able to look at it with this tool.

Or this one.

These tools are godsends in helping track down problems like this.

Cheers.
Alex Zavatone

On Oct 30, 2020, at 3:07 PM, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Alex,

I made a new signing certificate and new provision profile. The QuickLook provisioning tool so far shows my newly rebuilt apps have 1 year from today before they expire. I guess I'll know in about a week's time ;-)

Thanks,
-Carl