Topics

How to Disable Auto layout in XCode 11

Dave

XCode Version 11.0
Mac Project.

Hi and Happy New Year!

I have just opened an old project with XCode 11.0 which does not use Auto Layout. There used to be an option in the file information of the storyboard file to turn it off, however I can’t seem to find it in XCode 11. Can anyone tell where the option has moved to?

Thanks a lot
Dave

James Walker

On Dec 31, 2019, at 3:34 AM, Dave <dave@...> wrote:

XCode Version 11.0
Mac Project.

Hi and Happy New Year!

I have just opened an old project with XCode 11.0 which does not use Auto Layout. There used to be an option in the file information of the storyboard file to turn it off, however I can’t seem to find it in XCode 11. Can anyone tell where the option has moved to?
That option has been removed. The only alternative I know of is to select every view and control and then, in the Size inspector, change the layout option from Automatic to “Translates Autoresizing Mask Into Constraints”.

Dave

Hi,

Thanks a lot, found it and you can select/change them all at once which is pretty painless.

Does this mean that you can now mix Auto/Manuel layout view?

All the Best
Dave