FYI, with Xcode 12.0.1

Alex Zavatone

I’m seeing it take 95% of a core with no projects open.

No idea what’s going on.

Oh, 133% now. It’s been open for an hour.

On Oct 2, 2020, at 10:59 AM, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav@...> wrote:

I’m seeing it take 95% of a core with no projects open.

No idea what’s going on.

Sample it; the names in the backtrace might be a clue.
Then file a bug report.
Then quit & relaunch.

Yeah, I already did that sampling thing and it was a load of waitNextEvent.  Didn’t have enough time to dig in.

I’ve fired it back up again and it seems to be better behaved.

It’s stuff like this that happens in almost every release that makes one wish for a “hey, this may happen, but don’t worrry unless it lasts more than 4 hours. In that case, you want to see your Dr.”  Just a caveat list for what might be funky.   And if the a core is just fully booked for 1/2 an hour or more after first launch, just let us know what it’s doing so we know not to fret.

Imagine if you started a new car and the engie revved high for the first day.  It’s nice to know that something isn’t wrong.

Thanks man.
Alex Zavatone

On Oct 2, 2020, at 1:20 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

On Oct 2, 2020, at 10:59 AM, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav@...> wrote:

I’m seeing it take 95% of a core with no projects open.

No idea what’s going on.

Sample it; the names in the backtrace might be a clue.
Then file a bug report.
Then quit & relaunch.

—Jens