Dynamic Type text style

Carl Hoefs

Xcode 12.5, macOS 11.4

Xcode is issuing a warning for every NSTextField in my GUI that has "Automatically Adjusts Font" enabled:
  Automatically Adjusts Font requires using a Dynamic Type text style

I need this enabled on those text fields, so I've tried using System, Body, and even Helvetica, but it still warns of needing a Dynamic Type text style.

What is a Dynamic Type text style, and how do I specify it?

Funny you should ask, I’m dealing with that right now.

Apple uses Dynamic Type as a way to scale up text when someone selects the Accessibility option of Larger Type and then uses the slider to get larger type.

There are certain reserved styles that will scale using this and you can make your own.

Some of the better articles on it are on UseYourLoaf.

On Jun 23, 2021, at 6:11 PM, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

Xcode 12.5, macOS 11.4

Xcode is issuing a warning for every NSTextField in my GUI that has "Automatically Adjusts Font" enabled:
  Automatically Adjusts Font requires using a Dynamic Type text style

I need this enabled on those text fields, so I've tried using System, Body, and even Helvetica, but it still warns of needing a Dynamic Type text style.

What is a Dynamic Type text style, and how do I specify it?
-Carl