Can't seem to add another project as a sub project

Rick Mann

I'm trying to add another Xcode project (a framework I'm building) to my macOS app project. I can drag the .xcodeproj file from the Finder to my app's Files & Groups view, but the resulting entry doesn't have a disclosure triangle, and I can't add any of its targets as a dependency.

Xcode 10.2.1.

Am I missing something obvious?

--
Rick Mann
rmann@latencyzero.com

Jon Gotow

Do you already have another project open in which that subproject is also a subproject? Or do you have the project itself open in Xcode already? Xcode can only show the contents of a project in one open window (presumably to prevent synchronization problems if you were to modify it in one project window and also have it open in another).

- Jon

On Jun 27, 2019, at 6:35 PM, Rick Mann <rmann@latencyzero.com> wrote:

I'm trying to add another Xcode project (a framework I'm building) to my macOS app project. I can drag the .xcodeproj file from the Finder to my app's Files & Groups view, but the resulting entry doesn't have a disclosure triangle, and I can't add any of its targets as a dependency.

Xcode 10.2.1.

Am I missing something obvious?

Rick Mann

It seems Xcode got very confused. I quit and restarted it, and now it's behaving correctly.