BuildConfiguration isDebug, isTest, isRelease.

Alex Zavatone

Working on an interview project yesterday, I added a utility written years ago that lets you check if your iOS app is built with for Debug, Release or Test (if you have added a Test build config) after your app is built.

I use this along with checks if the app device is the Simulator or a real device to help make decisions for which endpoint to pick, where to write logging (locally or not) and so on and so on.

It seems as if this is one of the (many) capabilities that is missing that developers should have.

If anyone would find this technique and code useful, I’ll be happy to write it up and post here.

Let me know.
Alex Zavatone