Blame

Alex Zavatone

I love the ability in Xcode 10.x to right click on a line in code and select Show Last Change For Line. If you have a file like a plist, you can right click on the file, select Open As > Source Code and also right click to show last changes.

Does anyone know how to do this for the project file?

As it is now, you can select the Version Editor, find any differences that you care about in a Comparison, then select Authors from the Version Editor and wait for the UI to update and spot the last person to edit that area of the project file

That’s a little clunky. Is anyone aware of a smoother method to do this in the project file?

Thanks in advance,
Alex Zavatone

On Jan 29, 2019, at 9:48 AM, Alex Zavatone via Groups.Io <zav@...> wrote:

That’s a little clunky.  Is anyone aware of a smoother method to do this in the project file?

Well, there’s `git blame foo.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj`…
Or use a Git client like Fork (www.git-fork.com, free and awesome)

On Jan 29, 2019, at 12:03 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

On Jan 29, 2019, at 9:48 AM, Alex Zavatone via Groups.Io <zav@...> wrote:

That’s a little clunky.  Is anyone aware of a smoother method to do this in the project file?

Well, there’s `git blame foo.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj`…
Or use a Git client like Fork (www.git-fork.com, free and awesome)

—Jens

Fantastic.  I was hoping that some other tool had come out recently that I was not aware of.  I really like that interface.  Yet another wrench for the toolbox.

Thanks Jens!