Re: Linking against libcrypto on 10.12

On Jan 14, 2020, at 7:07 AM, Sandor Szatmari <admin.szatmari.net@gmail.com> wrote:

I have the headers and the library IS still there for runtime, for applications that need it. So… I was assuming that I should be able to link against it.
Nope. Remember that the Xcode toolchain’s search paths point to the headers/libs in the SDK, not the ones in the system. There’s no libcrypto.dylib in the SDK anymore.

Workaround is to explicitly link with the copy in /usr/lib.

But yes, best to stop using libcrypto (IIRC it’s been deprecated since 2005 or so.) The CommonCrypto headers have some adapter macros that make some common use cases like digests easy to port over.