Can't get IBOutlet to work for WKInterfaceGroup

Owen Hartnett

Hi all:

I have the following properties in my Watch App Extension:

@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceGroup *topGroup;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceGroup *bottomGroup;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceLabel *topScoreLabel;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceLabel *bottomScoreLabel;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceLabel *topLabel;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceLabel *bottomLabel;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceButton *gameScore;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceButton *topButton;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKInterfaceButton *bottomButton;

The above are all connected to the proper places in the Watch App storyboard.  All of them, when the WKInterfaceController is loaded, are populated with values,
EXCEPT the two WKInterfaceGroup at the top. They have a null value.

I want to programmatically change the background color of the groups, which I can do in Interface Builder, but without Xcode returning a reference to the group, it’s impossible.

Here’s the object hierarchy in Interface Builder

Top Button
Group
Top Label
TopScoreLabel
Separator
Bottom Button
Group
Bottom Label
BottomScoreLabel

Could it be because the Group is a subview of the Button?

Or should I report this as a bug?

-Owen