Re: Adding a UDID manually?

Rick Mann

When I try to tell Xcode not to build from bitcode, I get this error:

Failed to verify bitcode in <redacted>.framework/<redacted>:
error: Bundle only contains bitcode-marker /var/folders/16/jfb809_s2fz01ql7k494f6pc0000gn/T/IDEDistributionOptionThinning.sfv/Payload/MatterScan.app/Frameworks/<redacted>.framework/<redacted> (arm64)

It doesn't complain like this when I use xcodebuild from the command line like I used to, but it does use the Team profile.

This is driven because Apple won't let me upload a new build for use in TestFlight because it has the same version number as our released build. I can't add a .1 to the version number (it only allows three), and I can't bump the version number (we're using them for testing upcoming releases).

I need to upload a debug version of our released app for internal use testing the cloud back end. The version in the pipeline have some dramatic changes that prevent that cloud testing from being done.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to want to manually add a UDID to the team profile (rather than physically connecting the device to Xcode).

On Oct 24, 2018, at 17:46 , Dave Fernandes <dave.fernandes@utoronto.ca> wrote:

You can tell Xcode not to rebuild from bitcode when you export. I don’t think Apple expects the Team profile to be used this way. So I doubt it is supported.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 8:41 PM, Rick Mann <rmann@latencyzero.com> wrote:

I can't. For whatever reason, Xcode gets an error during bitcode compilation of a third-party library when I try to export Ad Hoc from the Organizer.

I have a Python script I wrote ages ago that builds, exports, and uploads the app to HockeyApp, but it doesn't specify a profile to use, and Xcode automatically chooses the Team profile.

No matter what, I need that UDID to be added to the Team profile but there seems to be no way to get Xcode/Portal to do that.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 16:39 , Dave Fernandes <dave.fernandes@utoronto.ca> wrote:

Why do they need to be in the Xcode-managed profiles? You can send them an Ad Hoc build using a manual provisioning profile.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 7:13 PM, Rick Mann <rmann@latencyzero.com> wrote:

No, they are not a registered developer.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 16:10 , Dave Fernandes <dave.fernandes@utoronto.ca> wrote:

Is this for another developer? If so, I think they can add it themselves once they have a Developer role on your team. They will be prompted by Xcode when trying to debug on the device.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 5:49 PM, Rick Mann <rmann@latencyzero.com> wrote:

I'm trying to add a UDID for a colleague who's in another state. He sent it to me via iTunes, and I added it to the Developer Portal and all the manual profiles, but I can't seem to get Xcode to add it to the Team Provisioning Profile for the app. Those no longer show up in the Portal, and there's no UI (that I know of) to add a UDID to Xcode without having the actual device available.

Any suggestions?

--
Rick Mann
rmann@latencyzero.com