Re: Adding a UDID manually?

Rick Mann

I can't. For whatever reason, Xcode gets an error during bitcode compilation of a third-party library when I try to export Ad Hoc from the Organizer.

I have a Python script I wrote ages ago that builds, exports, and uploads the app to HockeyApp, but it doesn't specify a profile to use, and Xcode automatically chooses the Team profile.

No matter what, I need that UDID to be added to the Team profile but there seems to be no way to get Xcode/Portal to do that.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 16:39 , Dave Fernandes <dave.fernandes@utoronto.ca> wrote:

Why do they need to be in the Xcode-managed profiles? You can send them an Ad Hoc build using a manual provisioning profile.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 7:13 PM, Rick Mann <rmann@latencyzero.com> wrote:

No, they are not a registered developer.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 16:10 , Dave Fernandes <dave.fernandes@utoronto.ca> wrote:

Is this for another developer? If so, I think they can add it themselves once they have a Developer role on your team. They will be prompted by Xcode when trying to debug on the device.

On Oct 24, 2018, at 5:49 PM, Rick Mann <rmann@latencyzero.com> wrote:

I'm trying to add a UDID for a colleague who's in another state. He sent it to me via iTunes, and I added it to the Developer Portal and all the manual profiles, but I can't seem to get Xcode to add it to the Team Provisioning Profile for the app. Those no longer show up in the Portal, and there's no UI (that I know of) to add a UDID to Xcode without having the actual device available.

Any suggestions?

--
Rick Mann
rmann@latencyzero.com