Re: Files disappeared from Xcode UI

Alex Zavatone

I know this is frustrating, but at this point, I would have checked out a pre-merge copy to a test directory and compared the two with the Version Editor (sorry, I said Assistant Editor before).

If this happens once, I like to know why it could happen, so that if it happens again

If that fails, just do diffs on the entire project folders with the FileMerge tool. You can drag entire folders to the Left and Right boxes and it will diff the entire project. Hopefully, you can then see what happened.

GL.

On Aug 24, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Ben Kennedy <ben-groups@zygoat.ca> wrote:

On 24 Aug 2018, at 9:25 am, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

Just re-add the files to the project via the GUI, and all should be well.
Moreover, re-add the files and then examine what change that creates in the pbxproj XML. That should indicate what you (presumably) missed when comparing the earlier diffs.