Re: The current state of private distribution of iOS IPAs

Rick Mann

Couldn't you still host the file on a server?

We use a combination of Apple Test Flight and HockeyApp (HockeyApp is less restrictive about version numbering). Both have their drawbacks.

On May 1, 2018, at 07:52 , Alex Zavatone <zav@mac.com> wrote:

We used to distribute IPAs internally by emailing them or hosting them on an internal website and people would download and install the apps through iTunes by synching them to their devices.

IIRC, Apple removed the ability to sync from iTunes last fall. What process do people use now to distribute your apps internally?

Happy Tuesday. Cheers and TIA,

Rick Mann
rmann@latencyzero.com