Re: Missing man pages & docsets

tridiak

Thanks for help. xcode-select -p listed ‘/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/‘ for some reason after I installed OS 10.13 & XC 9.

On 14/11/2017, at 8:45 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

On Nov 10, 2017, at 6:02 PM, tridiak <tridiaknz@gmail.com> wrote:

Installed High Sierra & XC 9.
Tried to do ‘man fread’ and command line blabbed about no manual entry.
How do you install the missing man pages?
Run “xcode-select -p” and make sure the path to the Xcode app matches what it outputs. If not, use “sudo xcode-select -s” to set the right path. (You may have had a beta Xcode at a different path and had the tools set up to point to it…)

And WHERE does Apple store it’s XC 9 docsets (so Dash can import it)?
Again, Dash doesn’t have any trouble finding the docs on my system. Fixing the Xcode path above may fix this problem too.

Any idea how to “fix” the command-double click. It nows brings up a ctx menu instead of opening a new window.
Preferences > Navigation; change “Command-Click on Code” to “Jumps to definition”.