Re: Mac App Store: Screenshot resolutions

Jeremy Hughes

On 10 Nov 2017, at 16:01, Jeremy Hughes <moon.rabbit@virginmedia.com> wrote:

The Mac App Store requires screenshots to be in one of a limited set of sizes: 1280 x 800, 1440 x 900, 2560 x 1600, and 2880 x 1800

http://help.apple.com/itunes-connect/developer/#/devd274dd925

None of these screen sizes is available on my Mac Mini (my screen is 1920 x 1080, and scaled options are 1600 x 900 or 1344 x 756).

I also tried a new (2017) 21.5 Retina iMac, but that doesn’t have these sizes, either.

Do I need to run a virtual OS to get these screen sizes, or is there an easier way? What do other people do?
I’ve looked at some of the applications in the Mac App Store, including Apple’s, and it seems that the term “screenshot” is being used loosely to include any image that contains a screenshot. So it seems like I could submit a 2560 x 1600 image that contains some text along with a 1920 x 1080 screenshot (for example).

Apple examples include Pages, Numbers, etc.

Jeremy