App Transport Layer and Exceptions

2551phil

I’m making my first venture into submitting an app for distribution via the macOS App Store.

In my non-app store distributed apps, I have a call to a file located on my Amazon AWS repository which provides data the app needs (the data is changeable on a daily basis, so can’t be hardwired into the app). For some reason Amazon AWS won’t pass ATL (specifically, I have to add the NSExceptionRequiresForwardSecrecy key to get the url past ATL).

My (primary) question is: does anyone here know if exceptions are acceptable for App Store submission, or is ATL strictly enforced?

If the latter, a subsequent question is does anyone else here use calls to Amazon AWS within an App Store app and know how to deal with it? I don’t really understand why AWS doesn’t / can’t meet the requirements of ATL, or maybe I just need to fiddle with “something” in the settings for the AWS repository…?

TIA

Phil
@sqwarq