Re: Xcode 9 impressions

Jeremy Hughes

Have they actually removed the xib options from the New File dialog?

If not, you can just delete the storyboard and create some xib files.

Jeremy

--

On 8 Jun 2017, at 00:29, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:

On Jun 7, 2017, at 11:35 AM, Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com> wrote:

So far Xcode 9 has one major flaw that must be corrected - for mac OS apps, it appears that Apple has removed the ability to create projects with xibs, instead only allowing Storyboards.
Yikes. I haven’t done much UI-level development in recent years, and I never really figured out storyboards so I still use xibs. Guess it’s time to learn.

I guess you could work around this by copying an existing project and removing all the existing sources and resources, to use it as a template to start from.