Re: table view controlers and data populating

Taylor Arndt

Thanks all, and I am actually learning some things. So I'm hoping to have my first App released by the end of the summer, as I will be 18.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2017, at 4:42 PM, Peter Hudson <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

If you want the answer to this - and many other questions on iOS dev, I suggest you lack at Paul Hudsons books on. www.hackingwithswift.com

You will save yourself a lot of time.

Peter

On 7 Jun 2017, at 21:35, Quincey Morris <quinceymorris@...> wrote:

On Jun 7, 2017, at 12:25 , Taylor Arndt <taylorarndt99@...> wrote:

I really don't know what I'm doing it like I said and I am doing iOS app development.

You’re not going to get a good answer here, because table views are very flexible, and have a long conceptual history. No one can be specific without kinda being “right there” looking over your shoulder. All we can do is a bit of hand-waving.

Instead, I recommend you study this document:

Even though it’s years old, it explains the basic concepts. You should literally work through the document from beginning to end. For things that you don’t need (for example, custom section headers and footers, maybe) you should still read at least once, so that the ideas can take hold, even if you have to look them up again later.

The other thing you should do is to study some sample apps. Not so much a big “table view everything demo” app, but something that uses a table view in a straightforward way. That gives a reference point for what to put where, and a place to try changing things.