Re: Xcode 8 & Core Data

Keary Suska

I can’t always tell, but something jiggled enough where I wasn’t getting compiler errors on my #imports (may have been due to the codegen options not being saved in 8.2), but in the end it turns out I was importing an .m file. Stupid me...

On Aug 17, 2017, at 2:21 PM, Alex Zavatone <zav@mac.com> wrote:

What was it?

On Aug 17, 2017, at 3:21 PM, Keary Suska <cocoa-dev@esoteritech.com> wrote:

Never mind—it actually wasn’t the issue I thought.

On Aug 16, 2017, at 9:24 PM, Keary Suska <cocoa-dev@esoteritech.com> wrote:

I have just tried my first foray into using Core Data with Xcode 8 and what a nightmare! I can’t seem to find any mention of the specific issue that I am having, namely, that Xcode cannot find the generated headers when I try to import in order to have a category to add some other methods. Note that this isn’t the linker or dot-leading issue.

If I manually generate the files, the generated code does not include implementation of to-many accessors, and Apple no longer documents accessor method patterns for Core Data (clearly because they thought the new process was sooooo wonderful that nobody would care).

Anyone found a solution to this?

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.