Re: Xcode 9 impressions

Taylor Arndt

When do you think the Xcode nine beta will come out for people who are not in the developer program?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2017, at 7:29 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@...> wrote:

On Jun 7, 2017, at 11:35 AM, Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@...> wrote:

So far Xcode 9 has one major flaw that must be corrected - for mac OS apps, it appears that Apple has removed the ability to create projects with xibs, instead only allowing Storyboards.

Yikes. I haven’t done much UI-level development in recent years, and I never really figured out storyboards so I still use xibs. Guess it’s time to learn.

I guess you could work around this by copying an existing project and removing all the existing sources and resources, to use it as a template to start from.