Re: Xcode 13: First brief UI notes

Leo

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 11:22 PM, Rick Mann wrote:
I filed a bug about this.
But my Bug Sur Finder sidebar has similar icons.
I abhor the flat look, and the astonishingly awful lack of contrast in Bug Sur.
In the Finder I use XtraFinder which enables the actual folder icons in the sidebar (just like it was before Lion). It helps quickly locate whatever I need as I have custom icons assigned to all projects. Apple destroyed the sidebar in Lion and ignored countless user requests to restore normal icons ever since.

I totally agree regarding the lack of contrast. I started discussion about this on MacRumors back when Big Sur was released:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/big-surs-white-on-white-ui-makes-increase-contrast-option-attractive.2266989/

Evidently, Apple didn't change anything on Monterey.

I also find they in particular botched NSTabView and NSSegmentedView on Big Sur. Segmented view is now a hardly visible bizarre blob. I had to spend several days creating my own custom version to make sure users still can locate and use it efficiently.

And that's before we even get to the redesigned NSAlert...

Leo