Re: Code Signing

Peter Hudson

Alex

Book suggestion looks good - have got a copy on the way !

Have been looking at the keychain as a home for the license file as part of the reorg for signing.

Many thanks

Peter

On 10 Feb 2021, at 16:02, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav@...> wrote:

FYI, you should be storing the license in a more secure location such as the keychain.

On Feb 10, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav@...> wrote:

Chapter 4 of Essential Build and Release by Ron Roche is what got me what I needed to learn.

On Feb 10, 2021, at 9:48 AM, Peter Hudson via groups.io <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

All

I finally need to sign an app that has been running for some time.  I’m looking at what docs I can find and two questions emerge.

1.    Could anybody point me at the best instructions for code signing / notarisation - I have never done it before.
   I’ve looked at the docs in Xcode and they seem to raise more questions than they solve.

2.    I currently squirrel away the license file for each install in the Contents folder of the bundle.
   The license file is a simple text file and is different for each install.
   I wondered if this is going to cause problems in the context of code signing ?

Many thanks

Peter