Re: Code Signing

Alex Zavatone

Chapter 4 of Essential Build and Release by Ron Roche is what got me what I needed to learn.

On Feb 10, 2021, at 9:48 AM, Peter Hudson via groups.io <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

All

I finally need to sign an app that has been running for some time.  I’m looking at what docs I can find and two questions emerge.

1.    Could anybody point me at the best instructions for code signing / notarisation - I have never done it before.
   I’ve looked at the docs in Xcode and they seem to raise more questions than they solve.

2.    I currently squirrel away the license file for each install in the Contents folder of the bundle.
   The license file is a simple text file and is different for each install.
   I wondered if this is going to cause problems in the context of code signing ?

Many thanks

Peter