Re: Problems with exporting an archived app

Alex Zavatone

Somehow it thinks that the path to the app’s bundle is nil. It’s a little hard to tell if it’s trying to find the target app name, or the folder for it (the bundle).

By any chance, did you delete a setting value while you were making your changes? Can you check out a previous version of your app’s code to a different folder and do a diff on the project folders? That should show you differences between the two and help narrow down your error.

You can also do that and only diff your .xcprroj file and that should show you the difference between what worked and what now fails to help you find the problem.

On Feb 10, 2021, at 5:37 AM, John Brownie <john_brownie@sil.org> wrote:

I've got a current version of my app out there, and want to do a bug release. Due to my own error, I changed the main repository to a sandboxed version, so I had to create a new project to build the current release, and this may be a consequence of not setting things up correctly.

Anyway, I successfully archived the app, but then I want to export it as a Developer ID app, and I get a fail with this error message (slightly redacted):

Failed to generate distribution items with error: Error Domain=IDEFoundationErrorDomain Code=1 "Didn't find executable for bundle NSBundle <(null)> (not yet loaded) at path <DVTFilePath:0x7fbf681b52c0:'/Users/john/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2021-02-10/appname 10-2-21, 11.54.xcarchive/Products/Applications/appname.app/Contents/PlugIns/appname Quick Look Generator.qlgenerator'>."

Doing a web search for the error turns up either nothing at all (if I include up to "path") or nothing of use that I could see. The Quick Look Generator does exist at the specified path as a bundle which is pretty standard, of the form:
Contents
__CodeSignature
CodeResources
MacOS
appname Quick Look Generator
Resources
appnameQLResources.plist
info.plist

I don't know where to look to find where the NSBundle <(null)> might be coming from. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
John
--
John Brownie