Re: Can't see variable values in breakpoints

Steve Mills

On Jan 28, 2021, at 13:16, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

I’ve got the console set to appear automatically.
Me too.

The floating window never showed me what I needed and it was always a delay before it showed anything. If if did what I needed, then I would have abandoned autoDescribe years ago.

How is the command complicated? It’s po followed by the object and the method. It’s 3 words. Once it’s set up in your .pch, it works as an extension to every NSObject.
It’s complicated compared to pointing the mouse. Typing “po [a_Very_Long_Variable_Name_Craeted_By_Some_Nerd autoDescribe]” takes a helluva lot longer than pointing the mouse, especially when you realize the typo I made and have to type it all over again or at least hit up-arrow and correct the mistake. Nobody said your autoDescribe doesn’t show more info. You keep saying it’s faster to use, which it’s not.

No, I’m not overriding anything. This is an extension to NSObject adding a new method. That’s it.
I know. I only mentioned overriding description because it’s something anybody can easily do. It’s still not faster than hovering the mouse.

Use it or don’t. I’m just letting people know it exists.
Fine. Great. Just don’t say it’s faster to use.

Steve via iPad