Re: Can't see variable values in breakpoints

Peter Hudson

I have had similar problems with interface functionality and a certain Richard Charles suggested the following - and it has cured all sorts of interface malfunctions : -

You can reset an existing project by opening the xcodeproj bundle and discarding the xcworkspace bundle and xcuserdata folder. Keep the pbxproj bundle.

Peter

On 28 Jan 2021, at 15:17, dhoerl via groups.io <dhoerl@...> wrote:

Somehow in the past few months, the company project I work on refuses to show variable values when you "hover" the mouse over the variable. Nothing - nada. Its just the one project - all my other projects work just fine.

I know it worked at one point, then it didn't but unfortunately I ignored it at the time, and now don't even have any idea when.

The company hired another dev, he has the same issue, so it must have something to do with the project itself.

This project is build using Xcode 12.3, has both PODS and Swift Packages in it, is mostly Swift with a few Objective C files (several PODS are ObjC) too.

I poked around yesterday, changing settings, but nothing. I don't have the slightest idea of where to even start.

Any and all suggestions most welcom!

David