Re: Multiple versions of an app

Sandor Szatmari

What about using NSUserDefaults -addSuiteNamed:

Could you add subdomains for each of the areas for which you need to main discrete defaults?

Then manage each ‘suite’ in it’s own thread/subprocess etc

Then you could have one app, partitioned into subdomains internally.  I’m seeing a tabbed interface?

Sandor

On Dec 16, 2020, at 14:43, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

Xcode 11.3.1 / macOS 10.14.6

I've written a small macOS app that performs user-configurable statistics over the course of days. It works fine, but I need to be able to run 8 such identical apps simultaneously. Each app needs its own unique bundle identifier (for settings/defaults, window placement, etc).

How can I use Xcode to produce 8 simultaneously runnable versions of my app? Or would it be more expedient to simply twiddle the Info.plist of copies of the app?