Re: Multiple versions of an app

Alex Zavatone

Duplicate the target 7 times and change the bundle ID for each.

You can also make a build operation that builds more than one target.

Or just issue this script.
xcodebuild -project projName -alltargets
Or this one.

xcodebuild -target appCopy1 -target appCopy2

Is there a reason why you can’t open one copy of the app with a -n parameter?  You can build a script that does this 8 times to launch 8 copies of 1 app.

You could have an app as an AppleScript app to issue a shell script to do it.

on run
do shell script "open -n /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app;
open -n /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app;
open -n /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app;
open -n /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app;"
end run

On Dec 16, 2020, at 1:43 PM, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

Xcode 11.3.1 / macOS 10.14.6

I've written a small macOS app that performs user-configurable statistics over the course of days. It works fine, but I need to be able to run 8 such identical apps simultaneously. Each app needs its own unique bundle identifier (for settings/defaults, window placement, etc).

How can I use Xcode to produce 8 simultaneously runnable versions of my app? Or would it be more expedient to simply twiddle the Info.plist of copies of the app?