Re: Installer pkg built with Xcode 12.2 won't open in macOS 10.10 and 10.11

Alex Zavatone

On Dec 8, 2020, at 11:39 AM, Jack Brindle via groups.io <jackbrindle=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

One other thing I have learned recently - for the first time, provisioning profiles are important on the Mac. All the things the iOS devs have gone through in learning how to handle them we will be going through over time. Gatekeeper has changed our world, and is much more stringent on Big Sur. Properly codesigning is the only way to tackle it.

Jack
It’s now time to remind everyone why I like this tool so much.

https://github.com/chockenberry/Provisioning

It lets you select a provisioning profile in the Finder and press the space bar to preview its contents. It also works on certs.

There are some newer forks of the repo which may be more useful, but this has been a godsend for me in the past.