Re: Installer pkg built with Xcode 12.2 won't open in macOS 10.10 and 10.11

Mark Allan

I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with the 'codesign' tool on macOS 11. One of my other build scripts for the same app iterates through a directory of additional binaries and libraries to codesign them prior to being archived. (find .... exec /usr/bin/codesign ...  )

The codesign tool reports no error whilst signing, but the resulting archive fails notarisation because of a number of unsigned embedded files. Sometimes they all get signed correctly, sometimes one or more files are missed and don't end up getting signed.

Again, this worked 100% of the time over the last few years until I upgraded to macOS 11.

On 8 Dec 2020, at 10:52 am, Mark Allan via groups.io <markjallan@...> wrote:

Sorry, just to clarify...
On 8 Dec 2020, at 10:49 am, Mark Allan via groups.io <markjallan@...> wrote:

Using `pkgutil --verbose --check-signature` on macOS 10.10 or 10.11 just reports
for the one built under macOS 11.

When using any other version of the OS, it says Status: signed by a developer certificate issued by Apple for distribution and shows the certificate chain.