Re: Installer pkg built with Xcode 12.2 won't open in macOS 10.10 and 10.11

Jon Gotow

Seriously? I have to keep an Intel machine around just to do release builds that will run on older macOS versions? Is there any chance of getting SHA-1 checksums added in the Apple Silicon version of codesign if we file bugs?

- Jon

On Dec 7, 2020, at 7:20 PM, Jack Brindle via groups.io <jackbrindle=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

That is the issue! Your post jogged my memory. The older versions of macOS need SHA1, but the Apple Silicon version of macOS doesn’t do SHA-1. Apple switched over to SHA-256 several years ago, maintaining both in the system. But, it looks like they didn’t maintain the SHA-1 for Apple Silicon systems. It may be very important to keep an Intel Mac around to handle builds for the foreseeable future.