Re: How to interpret crash reason

dhoerl

The explanation on the crappy code is complex - but it has to do with code that scales a large image on background threads, then renders just a tiny piece of that. I think iOS gets overloaded - that code crashes my companies users occasionally, but I've never had it happen to me. So the image itself is fine, and a user who crashes may not get another crash for a long time, or never. Corrupted JPEG was a read herring.

What I did want to share is that by breakpointing on the one C function that I saw allowed me to determine what piece of code was using that API - and it was just in one place!

David