Re: Stupid question for build schemes.

Sandor Szatmari

On Nov 12, 2020, at 14:17, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav@...> wrote:

On Nov 12, 2020, at 1:14 PM, Sandor Szatmari <admin.szatmari.net@...> wrote:

On Nov 12, 2020, at 13:59, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav@...> wrote:

In a build scheme, there are sections for Build, Run, Test, Archive, Profile, Analyze for each target.

What is the term for each of these?

Alex… don’t know if they have an official term.  Would calling them the Scheme’s ‘build modes’ offend anyone’s sensibilities?

Sandor

It’s a good start but is it a mode?  Or an operation?  But Build Operation is too vague.

I will advocate for mode, or more specifically, and pedantically, it is ‘the build mode in which the scheme is operating’…

Sandor

There needs to be some name for what those things are called.  We use them all too often for there not to be a term for them!