Re: Break on assert

Carl Hoefs

Yes, Main Thread Checker is already checked. I assume that's what's generating the assert messages? Where does it log addt'l info to?

-Carl

On Oct 31, 2020, at 2:35 PM, David Brittain <websites@...> wrote:

Try setting the Main Threader checker option in the Scheme, The issue
is likely you are calling uikit from outside the main thread, If so,
the Main thread checker will log that for you.

On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 at 14:33, Alex Zavatone via groups.io
<zav@...> wrote:

To test these out, cause an assertion after your app launches.

Symbolic breakpoints are really easy to screw up.

If you want to email me directly, I have time to help you on this.

On Oct 31, 2020, at 4:27 PM, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

I've added those; still no break.

This isn't a release build, and there's no explicit assertions in the ObjC code. I assumed that the [Assert] was being raised from the iOS runtime.

-Carl

On Oct 31, 2020, at 2:21 PM, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav@...> wrote:

If it’s in Objective-C, add a symbolic breakpoint and then this.

-[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:]

You could also add a symbolic breakpoint for the condition of “On Throw”.

So, it would trigger when an exception is thrown.

Alex Zavatone

On Oct 31, 2020, at 3:59 PM, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

Break on assertions'

--