Re: Break on assert

Alex Zavatone

To test these out, cause an assertion after your app launches.

Symbolic breakpoints are really easy to screw up.

If you want to email me directly, I have time to help you on this.

On Oct 31, 2020, at 4:27 PM, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

I've added those; still no break.

This isn't a release build, and there's no explicit assertions in the ObjC code. I assumed that the [Assert] was being raised from the iOS runtime.

-Carl

On Oct 31, 2020, at 2:21 PM, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav@...> wrote:

If it’s in Objective-C, add a symbolic breakpoint and then this.

-[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:]

You could also add a symbolic breakpoint for the condition of “On Throw”.

So, it would trigger when an exception is thrown.

Alex Zavatone

On Oct 31, 2020, at 3:59 PM, Carl Hoefs <newslists@...> wrote:

Break on assertions'