Re: NSLogs going nowhere

Sandor Szatmari

Carl,

I found that the new logging system does not like it when you target something like 10.9 or prior… i was loosing NSLog statements on some apps until I moved the deployment target to 10.11 or 10.12… Might this be affecting you?

Sandor

On Jul 29, 2020, at 15:43, Carl Hoefs <newslists@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:

Xcode 11.2.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, ObjC

This morning Xcode decided to stifle all NSLogs in _one_ of my macOS development apps. printfs and fprintf(stderr,*) still get written to the Xcode debug window. NSLogs do not. They don't even go to the system console.

I set a symbolic breakpoint at NSLog, and it does break there, in assembler.

Other projects work normally! I've restarted Xcode, and even rebooted the machine. No joy. Is there perhaps some hidden Xcode build setting to ignore NSLogs?

How can I get Xcode to once again write NSLogs to the debug window?