Re: New Newbie Question :-(

Jack Brindle

There are pretty big differences between iOS and macOS, not just in frameworks, but in application design philosophy as well. I would highly recommend finding a copy of the Fourth Edition of “Cocoa Programming For Mac OS X” by Hillegas and Preble. The Fourth Edition was the last to use Objective-C, the Fifth Edition used Swift.

If you are doing Mac applications, run away as fast as you can from iOS until you fully understand the Mac platform. Otherwise confusion will reign!

Jack

On May 18, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Charles Phillips <phillipstriples@...> wrote:

Ok, next dumb question. AppKit does work, thanks.

In the Objective-C book, it says to use this code:

@property (nonatomic) IBOutlet UILabel *nameLabel;

but it of course does not work. Since UI... is for iOS, I tried:

@property (nonatomic) IBOutlet IBLabel *nameLabel;

but that gives an error also. What is the equivalent for MacOS?

Charles