Re: Xcode 11 unusable?

Leo

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 11:21 AM, Alex Zavatone wrote:
If you’re allowed to share any of the stuff that crashes with me, I’ve got a few versions of the OS and Xcode 11 installed on a few of my Macs and can see if I can open them.
Thanks Alex,

By now I also know that exactly the same issue happens on my 2013 MacBook Pro with Catalina.

To me it means that there's a severe bug in Xcode 11 that affects only certain projects for some reason on any machine.

I appreciate the offer to check my stuff! Indeed I can't share my projects as they're all commercial software - but by this time it's pretty clear that you'd experience the same issues.

It's not a problem to open the projects - it's just once you touch a .xib file with a complex window, Xcode 11 starts disintegrating into rotten mess.

I'll stick with Xcode 10 for now - and hope to hear something useful from Apple in reply to my bug report.

Leo