Re: Xcode 11 unusable?

Peter Hudson

Hi Leo

I had the same problem regarding code completion - the solution was to ditch the derived data for the project and to clean the build. ( someone on this list suggested I try this )

Regarding Interface Builder: from 11 onwards it’s run like treacle. I’ve never been able to find out why.
My project code line was started 20 years ago and uses  .nib files. Some are very deep and complex - maybe this affects things. Simpler ones are just a bit tardy.

Peter

On 8 May 2020, at 06:16, Leo <leo.r@...> wrote:

Is it just my luck - or is Xcode 11 unusable?

I just finally updated to Catalina and installed Xcode 11 (all latest versions of course).

Xcode 11 is totally non-responsive.

In Interface Builder, when I click elements they're not selected right away but after a brief delay. And then it takes several seconds until the info in the inspector updates.

Same thing in the code: everything happens after a brief delay. Code completion doesn't work at all.

Restarted Mac, quit Xcode several times - same thing in all project.

Xcode 10 works with no issues.

iMac 2017 27", 40 GB RAM

Any ideas?

Thanks,