Re: How to add a 32-bit binary to a bundle in Catalina/Xcode 11.4.1?

John Brownie

It looks like building on Mojave is the best option. I don't want to lipo them into a single file, because there are bugs in the 64-bit version. I did see that there's a new version, so I'll see if the critical bugs are fixed.

John

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 16:35, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Well, crap.  Can you build on a system that does support it and either merge the binary or offer a specific version that is only built for pre Catalina systems?

Iipo wouild let you combine the binaries into one file.

DESCRIPTION
       The  lipo  command  creates  or  operates on ``universal'' (multi-architecture) files.  It only ever produces one output file, and never alters the input
       file.  The operations that lipo performs are: listing the architecture types in a universal file; creating a single universal file from one or more input
       files;  thinning  out a single universal file to one specified architecture type; and extracting, replacing, and/or removing architectures types from the
       input file to create a single new universal output file.

On Apr 17, 2020, at 7:39 AM, Peter Hudson via groups.io <Peter.hudson@...> wrote:

I had a similar problem - i never found a way to build the 32 bit version of our app on Catalina. As I understand it, there is no 32 bit build support in Catalina.

I support people who still need 32 bit by building on Mojave.

Peter

On 17 Apr 2020, at 13:33, John Brownie <john_brownie@...> wrote:

I don't try to run it on Catalina, it's there for older systems. The trouble is that it won't build on Catalina.

John

I’m surprised that the 32 bit version loads in Catalina.  Wasn’t 32 bit binary compatibility removed in Catalina?

--
John Brownie, john_brownie@...
Kouvola, Finland

--