Re: How to add a 32-bit binary to a bundle in Catalina/Xcode 11.4.1?

John Brownie

I don't try to run it on Catalina, it's there for older systems. The trouble is that it won't build on Catalina.

John 

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 15:30, Alex Zavatone via groups.io <zav=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
I’m surprised that the 32 bit version loads in Catalina.  Wasn’t 32 bit binary compatibility removed in Catalina?

> On Apr 17, 2020, at 1:06 AM, John Brownie <john_brownie@...> wrote:
>
> My app ships with a couple of dependent binaries, a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. I do not own these binaries, so have no control over them. On deployment in pre-Catalina, I run the 32-bit version, as the 64-bit version has some bugs in it that are not present in the 32-bit version. I currently target macOS 10.9.
>
> Today, for the first time since I moved my development environment from Mojave to Catalina, I did a build and got an error:
> error: The embedded item 'xxx_32' is missing one or more architectures required by this target: x86_64. (in target 'xxx' from project 'xxx')
>
> Is there a way to prevent this error? The new Xcode 11.4.1 report navigator doesn't seem to show the commands any more, just the output, so I'm not clear what particular command generates the error.
>
> Thanks for any insights,
> John
> --
> John Brownie
> Mussau-Emira language, New Ireland Province, Papua New Guinea
> Kouvola, Finland
>
>
>

--
John Brownie, john_brownie@...
Mussau-Emira language, New Ireland Province, Papua New Guinea
Kouvola, Finland

Join xcode@apple-dev.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.